Monday, May 4, 2009

Set of Tumblers with Slip Decoration


This tumbler set incorporated contrasting colors and textures. The red blush is a result of the crimson stain in the TM green celadon that was not fully reduced. I love this blush because it adds to the flow of line that is created by the slip. To create the lines of slip, I used a wood rib to apply slip to each tumbler while it was on the wheel. Some issues I had to consider during slip application were: moisture level of the tumblers, water content of the slip, any negative space that would cause cracks when I applied slip over the tumblers. The inside of the tumbler is glazed with orange shino.

1 comment:

  1. I'm assuming it's a porcelain slip you were using on the tumblers/ or a porcelain body. A very rich yet subtle effect, congratulations, I look forward to seeing some more.

    ReplyDelete